This page contains links to resources you may find of value as you explore the realm of Unified Communications Security. Please also visit the page of links that are included in the book.
If you have suggestions for links I should include, please feel free to email me or leave a comment to this page.
- VoIP Security Alliance (VOIPSA), and:
- Blue Box: The VoIP Security Podcast - while Jonathan and I have put the show on an indefinite hiatus, there are still over 100 episodes of great content from the 3 years we produced the show
These are some of the books I have found useful when exploring the topic of communications security:
- Hacking Exposed VoIP: Voice Over IP Security Secrets & Solutions
- Securing VoIP Networks: Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Countermeasures
- SIP: Understanding the Session Initiation Protocol (Artech House Telecommunications)
While many tools to test UC security can be found on the VOIPSA VoIP Security Tools List, there are other tools out there as well, including:
- VideoJack: Hijacking IP Video - a tool from Sipera Systems' Viper Labs that can attack video streams, including injecting new audio or modifying existing audio (essentially a tool for video similar to the RTPInsertSound audio tool I discussed in Chapter 3)